Montag, 27. Januar 2014

Georgetown, Malaysia

Hi Folks
I have travelled onwards to Malaysia. Took me around twelve hours and one boat, one pickup, one bus, one minibus, one moped (for the border crossing, I didn't even had to get of the moped to get my pasport stamped, it was more of an drive-thru border experience), one train and one ferry. At the end of that I arrived in Georgetown on Penang island. Lovely town with an extensive oldtown. But I will not stay for long. Tomorrow I will press on to Kuala Lumpur and then to Singapore, where I will meet my sister for Chinese new year.
You may have noticed that I did not speak of longboarding recently. The reason for that is that my board is broken beyond repair. The delaminations that had started in Vietnam happily continued in Laos and Thailand to a point where they jumped from the nose/tail section to developing longitudinal cracks in the center area. Although the board remained somehow skateable after the roughly 1500km covered with it through Asia, the boardfeel had changed, and I did not trust the board to last for the remainder of my trip, especially in the damper climate of the next big leg, New Zealand. That is why I decided to retire the board and send it home to Switzerland with Kyra. I will probably change back to the trusty board that carried me the 1200km through the Baltics, whose full bamboo construction will better withstand the challenge of moisture. At least that's what I hope.
Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen