Montag, 3. Februar 2014

Zipping through Malaysia

Hi Folks.
Since my last post I have travelled the Malaysian peninsula in its full lenght, picking up my Sister in Singapore. This included one day stopover at Kuala Lumpur, where I was approached by a highly religious muslim in the park behind the Petronas towers. In the ensuing diskussion I was granted a insight into the thinking and the logic of a believer. He must do an enormous effort day to day to ignore the facts that contradict his belief. Even on me pointing out the flaws in his argumentation did not have any effect but a change of topic. When I left I suggested the book "The god delusion" to him, and he at least agreed to have a look at it.
Next I went to Singapure to meet my sister, who supplied me with almost one kilogram of chocolate. Thanks! And I also have my old longboard deck back, so I am ready to skate again soon.
Then we spent two days in Singapore, poking around town, checking out the fancy new "Gardens at the Bay", walking through the impressive banking district, and somehow completely missing the Chinese new year festivities.
Next was back to Malaysia, first stop in Melakka. A nice little colonial town. There is quite many colonial towns in Malaysia I reckon. This one was occupied by Chinese, Portugese, Dutch and English, one after another and boasts the oldest Dutch building outside the Netherlands.
Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen