Dienstag, 1. April 2014

All the way to Bluff

Hi Folks
Unbelievable! I made it to Bluff! In one piece!
And I even managed to find some decent skating on the way! 50km from Franz Joseph Glacier to the Copland track starting point, very decent paved road with nice slope, and the 30km from Invercargill to Bluff, horribel narrow lane with way to many trucks.
And in Bluff itself, I celebrated by eating some Bluff oysters with matching wine. Awesome.
So I crossed the whole country, about 2000km, of which I skated about 400km and hitchhiked the rest.
Not what I announced initially but still satisfying. And it took the estimated one and a half months, even with a lot of hitchhiking.
In Queenstown I climbed Ben Lomond and vitnessed the nerve thrilling local sport of Bowling on grass.
Next I will pay a visit to the worlds steepest road in Dunedin.

Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen