Dienstag, 25. März 2014

Picton to Havelock, Nelson and Greymouth

Hi Folks
Greymouth now. On the way here I found unbelievable 50km with good pavement, which allowed a nice skate day from Picton to Havelock. Unfortunately thats it. Since Havelock the streets are back to the gravel-roads-with-glue style from the north island. I still skated on in the hope of finding better pavement again, but without much success, I had to hitchhike over large distances. I did manage to fall twice more though, which resulted in a gaping hole in my right elbow and a painfully sprained left shoulder. Yay skatebarding in New Zealand. Very frustrating, to pass all these amazing landscapes and not be able to skate them.
I think it is safe to say that I was overambitious when I announced to skate New Zealand in its length. That is not going to happen. I am very sorry to have disappointed those expectations. Those who know me do know that I do not give up very easily, but New Zealand beat me. I will still keep trying to find nice stretches to skate, but I have given up the hope on doing considerable long distance. Sorry guys!
Other than that, the landscape is as mentioned really nice, a very rugged coastline with green mountains in the background and some farms dotted in between.
I spent a nice weekend in Greymouth with a couple of couchsurfers and visited a knivesmith, very interesting. Next I will go direction Queenstown, because if everything else fails, they claim to have the worlds best burger there...
Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen