Donnerstag, 27. Juni 2013

Klaipeda

Hi Folks
I am already in Klaipeda, because I had to cheat and take a bus after two days skating. The reason? Heavy duty overload. My luggage was unskateable heavy, plus the cart seems to drag way more than expected (and the aluminum axle is so weak that I can not load more than 5kg without bending it...). The solution? I hit the post office as soon as I was in Klaipeda, and sent home a 7kg package, I feel a lot lighter now! Although I forgot something and will send more tomorrow.
But so far about long distance skating in Lithuania I can tell you that the pavement sucks, it's mostly chipseal, ond top of older chipseal, so you get nice little hills of super rough pavement in different levels of degradation. And holy cow there is huge amounts of traffic, almost every Lithuanian that is able to walk must be driving. They do give you a nice amount of space though when sweving around you. Besides me and the avalanche of cars, there is not many people on the streets, and most of them you see are well beyond pension age. Uh, I never imagined that I will visit a country in which people look more sour than in Switzerland, but he, the Lithuanians manage, who would have thought. But as soon as you start talking to them, they are super nice and very helpfull. Met four fishermen on the shore of the memel river, where I wanted to camp, they had a huge campfire going and invited me to some tasty Lithuanian bacon. After that I just rolled out my sleeping bag by the fire while they kept fishing the whole night.
Well that's it for now, tomorrow is one day culture in Klaipeda, before I go along the baltic shore, hopefully light enough this time.
Ah, and one last thing, I sent home the laptop and the heavy camera, so the posts will be mainly from my mobilephone (as for example this one, did you notice?) and possibly only contain mobile pictures until I can get my hands on a smaller camera. So please excuse when there are some typos because my fat thumb hits the wrong letter.
Cherio

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen