Mittwoch, 12. März 2014

Central North Island

Hi Folks!
I have travelled south to the center of the north island, and you wouldn't believe it, but the pavement is worse. Plus there are more cars now. Nope.
To not be completely without adventure, I decided to do some lord of the rings fan things. I visited the Bilbos village, hobbiton, which was marvelous. On the outside, as all the insides of the buildings were missing.
Next thing I travelled to the Tongariro national park, where some scenes of mordor where shut. And at the center of the park there thrones mount Doom. Couldn't resist and hiked for three days through the barren landscape of the park, and climbed mount Doom. At 3.30 in the morning to be able to see the sunrise from top of an active volcano. That was pretty good. Although I did expect the peak to be loud and hot, in reality it was ice cold and so quiet that I started to make noise to make sure my ears still work.
Now I am heading towards Wellington and hope the roads are better on the south island.
Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen