Montag, 17. März 2014

Wellington

Hi Folks
Current location: Wellington. Lovely town, has the highest longboard and skateboard concentration I have ever come accross in a town. And probably also the highest concentration of hipsters. Correlation is no causation though.
Wellington is the southernmost town of New Zealands north island, and from here I will cross the Cook strait to the south island. Tomorrow. Very early in the morning.
Unfortunately I can report that besides inside of towns and a couple of glorious exceptions (see last post), the roads in the south of the north island are equally bad for long distance longboarding as they where in the north. Why chipseal? And why so coarse? Seriously New Zealand, you could build smoother roads, other countries can manage too. But I am getting tired of ranting about bad road conditions. Hope for smooth pavement on the south island.
I stayed for a couple of days here at a friends place, to wait out that Cyclone that was forecasted, it didn't hit Wellington as hard though, and to ponder and organize over my  future. Came up with some interesting ideas that I will not foreshadow here now. Gotta wait until time is right.





1 Kommentar: