Montag, 10. Februar 2014

Announcement: Conquering New Zealand

Skateawhile skateawhile. I have been away a while now, and have also skated a while.
I started with succesfully skating 1200 km in one piece through the amazing Baltic states, continued by failing to skate around lake Baikal thanks to insane Russian driving and a misconstructed skateboard trailer, skated 330 km through the outskirts of Tibet in northern Yunnan province, China, my highest altitude ever at 3500 meters above sea level, stubborned on for 490 km in constant rain on Vietnams infamous Ho Chi Minh highway, suffered through 200 feet killing kilometers on the roughest pavement so far in Laos, exchanged the board for a rowing boat for 150 km in Cambodia (I'm not going to count that in the skateboarding total but mentioned it because it was awesome) and skated another 500 km through blazing heat on Thailands east coast. That's a total of 2720 km in 9 countries.
But I am not done yet, no.
I have decided to step up the skateboarding a little. How about two thousand (2000) kilometers straight? From the very north of New Zealands north island, Cape Reinga, to the very south of the south island, Bluff. All in one go. As usually unasisted. Alone. And fast. I expect to have no longer than two months, in fact I imagine I could even make it in one and a half.
When am I going to do this? Well, very soon. In fact I am flying to Auckland, New Zealand on the 17th February. Taking a few days to prepare in Auckland and to travel to the starting point at Cape Reinga, I expect to start somewhen end of February.
Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen