Montag, 22. Juli 2013

Saaremaa

On Saaremaa Island packed full with points of touristic interest, I have chosen two for my stretch from the dam from Muhu to the capital Kuressaare. First was an castle of the order of the swordbrethren. Or more just a very big heap of stones and a sign that told a little story about it. Not too impressed. But it was windy, at least... Next should be some meteor craters. I wasn't sure if I would do them the same day, or stop in between and do them the next day. So I skated on, and just waited to see how far I would get. In the evening I was alredy close to the craters, I decided to do the whole stretch and see them. Impressive, that deep murky green of the crater lake, perfectly round. It was already getting dark, so i searched for a spot to put my tent up. But there wasn't any! Gladly, the info point for the crater lakes was fairly big, and han a roof, so I decided to just sleep there. Very good decision, as it rained heavily that night. Next day, got up early and off to Kuressaare, where the tall ship races would have a stopover. I was eager to see those ship, and tell my father about them, as he is a sailor himself. Really impressive those big ship, and you could see them struggle navigating in the even heavier winds.
Now I plan to skate to the west end of Saaremaa Island, and then back up north to Hiumaa Island (of course with a ferry in between).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen