Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2013

Ventspils

Hi Folks

After a very refreshing nigth in a very basic but super clean and calm hotel (and cheap though) I slept in unintendedly. When I left I stood around a little confused to think of the best road to exit Liepaja. Then a car stopped, and Martens asked me happily about long distance skateboarding. Perfect timing through that sleeping in! He then put me on the road to Ventspils, and hooked me up with two contacts, one of them being only 60km away. I freshly started and managed to get some good progress on the road, and in the evening was allowed to camp on the property of Renars Birmanis, a skate shop owner from Riga. He and his wife took me in very cordially and showed me around his little paradise landhouse, with a big pond (swimming in the morning, yay) and a small forrest. Amazing guy, really, we talked about the ways of the world and traveling and Buddha and so on. I left with a smile on my face the next day. And was able to do some very good progress as well, as I am in Ventspils currently, where Nadia from couchsurfing opened her home for me. Ventspils so far really looks cute.
Tomorrow I will set off into the internet shadow I think and will just be online again when I reach Riga in about a week.
Ah and check out the pictures, feel the pain of my heels when rolling over such pavement. And check out the map, I updated it, I hope it worked.

Aaaaand finally I was told that the comment funtion was disabled, I enabled it now, so feel free to comment, I am looking forward to hear from you!

Cheers
Robert





2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi, I am very glad that you made it so far, and that you used Renārs hospitality! Road from Ventspils to Kolka is brand new so I hope you will will make it through very fast. When in Kolka call Martins Kohs, he will let you stay in his beautiful country house with garden and pond, and if youre lucky he will prepare real Latvian sauna for you. If you are in facebook, search me up, I will introduce you to our local longboarders community, so they could meet and greet you when you are in Riga! Cheers, and keep the wheels spinnin! Martins:)

    AntwortenLöschen